- Fantastic Team
- 5min read
- Published: December 30, 2021
- Views: 77
What is a handyman franchise?
When something goes wrong in your home, the first thing you do (if you have the skills) is try to sort it out yourself. But the chances are that you’ll need a handyman to help you with all sorts of tasks around the house to ensure you get professional results. This is where the handyman comes in in an industry that’s worth over £13 billion. Given this staggering figure, it’s no wonder that a handyman business is a profitable one. And what’s even better is the fact that you can choose one of the most profitable franchises to ensure your business gets off the ground seamlessly. But what does a handyman do in the UK? And what is a handyman franchise? Let’s take a closer look.
What does a handyman do?
As a handyman, your skills will be put to the test at every new client whose home you visit. You may be asked to take care of electrical or plumbing work, carpentry, something in the garden or even fixing a hard-to-reach lightbulb and replacing it. Being a handyman requires a wide range of skills that help people solve problems around their home, either due to lack of technical know-how or simply due to time constraints. So what are some of the skills you’ll need as a handyman?
What skills does a handyman need?
Below, we’ve listed some of the most common skills you’ll need in order to start your handyman franchise business.
- Technical skills: from plumbing to electrical, gardening and changing window screens, or even putting up paintings on a wall, a handyman’s skillset is broad and wide ranging. Of course, you don’t need all of these skills, and you can specialise in one or just a few. The important thing is that you will need some qualifications or certifications to prove that you can get the job done properly and to the right industry standards.
- Communication: as a handyman, you’ll also need to have effective communication skills. This is because you need to listen carefully to each of your clients’ requests and choose the best course of action to help resolve their problem.
- Marketing and advertising: you’ll also need some experience in the marketing and advertising field, for example, through having your own website created, printing business cards and leaflets or flyers to get your name out there.
- Collaboration: you will also need to be able to collaborate with colleagues, clients and suppliers to ensure that the task at hand can be resolved optimally.
- Time management: time management is another crucial skill of a handyman as you’ll need to cater to a variety of different clients and ensure you serve each one and resolve their problem in a timeous manner.
- Analysis: finally, you need to have analytical skills. There are some problems that will be more challenging than others and you need to use critical thinking to resolve them in a timeous and accurate manner.
Benefits of operating as a franchise
If you choose to operate a handyman franchise business, you can rest assured that you won’t be starting from scratch. This is a big plus in the world of business, but what else is there?
- A proven business model: a franchise business model is not only a proven one but is also profitable, too. It’s been tried and tested throughout the years to yield positive results.
- An established brand: one of the biggest benefits of working with a franchise business model is the fact that you’ll be working with an established brand. It takes years to build a strong reputation in the industry and it requires consistent effort and jobs well done. With a franchise, you’re going to be working with an established brand and a company with a strong reputation.
- Ongoing support: your franchisor will also offer you the much-needed ongoing support that you may need to help you take your business off the ground.
- Continuous training: a handyman’s skillset is his or her most precious resource. With continuous training, you’ll be able to offer services that comply with the high industry standards and ensure you provide your customers with a proper solution to their problem.
- Marketing support: and last but not least, a handyman franchise business will enable you to benefit from marketing support so that it is one less thing you need to worry about while you have a team to support your marketing efforts and ensure your name gets out there.
Starting a handyman franchise in the UK
The various handyman franchise opportunities available out there are ideal for you if you’re thinking of starting your own handyman business. At the very least, you won’t be starting from scratch, while you’ll also be able to benefit from a lot of support and ongoing training to ensure that your skills are constantly honed and that you provide a service your customers will love.
Learn more about our Handyman Franchise Opportunities!Learn more
If you’re thinking about which franchise option to go for, we recommend that you get in touch with us at Fantastic Services to see how we can help take you to the next business level as you use your skills to offer high quality services while earning for yourself at the same time.
- Last update: January 4, 2022
Posted in Advice Hub
Fantastic Services manages 100+ professional home cleaning and maintenance services provided within the UK, EU, Australia, Africa, and North America. With 13+ years of experience behind our back and 530+ successful franchises, we continuously set the bar higher with our cutting-edge technology implementation and marketing approach. Explore our business opportunities on the main website!
Leave a comment