- Fantastic Team
- 5min read
- Published: January 31, 2022
- Views: 136
What Makes the Carpet Cleaning Business So Profitable?
Carpet cleaning can be considered an often overlooked business enterprise, but a few years ago, the industry was valued at £2.5 billion and growing. As a business owner, it’s easy to get swept into the start-up rage, but a good old fashioned carpet cleaning business is a safe, stable, predictable and lucrative option for you. Let’s look at the facts: almost every residential and commercial building across the UK has some type of carpeting; these carpets tend to get worn and dirty with daily wear and tear; owners typically don’t want to clean their carpets themselves because it can seem like tedious work and involve time they’d rather spend on other more valuable things; and lastly, it can be a profitable enterprise. If you’re wondering about buying a carpet cleaning business, then read on!
Benefits of running a carpet cleaning business
Irrespective of whether you’re opting to be a one-man show, a medium-sized business or a large-scale enterprise, getting into carpet cleaning is a great choice. Here’s why:
- There’s a myriad of opportunities: as mentioned above, it would not be an understatement to say that most homes and commercial buildings have some type of carpeting. They add an aesthetic appeal across homes and offices but due to their nature and daily use, carpets get dirty and need to be cleaned. This means carpet cleaning business owners can have a nice and regular income stream from a service that will practically never run out as carpet cleaning is a continuous process.
- It can be well-paid: a carpet cleaning business’ average income in the UK, according to some estimates, can see margins for carpet cleaning SMEs range from 40% to 58%. This means earnings of 40c to 58c for every pound paid for. Looking at a more long-term perspective, the average net income of this type of business is around £30,000 during the first year, going to around £50,000 yearly as the business continues on its growth trajectory.
- It offers much flexibility: as the carpet cleaning business owner, you end up making the majority of the big decisions. These can include things like how many clients you want to work with, when yo0u’ll work, how often you’ll work as well as determine the costs of your services.
In short, the answer to the question is owning a carpet cleaning business profitable, the answer is a resounding “yes”.
Factors to consider when buying a cleaning franchise
While starting a carpet cleaning business is a relatively low-cost endeavour, it’s still worth your time to consider what expenses might pop up so that you’re financially prepared and able to keep your business afloat and profitable over the long term.
First things first. Consider the scale of your business. Will you be small-scale, medium, regional, national or even part of a franchise network?
Then there are the overhead costs that you need to think about. These include the costs of your cleaning equipment and supplies; business registration and insurance costs; the costs of purchasing a van, running and maintaining it and even branding it; there’s marketing and advertising costs; and if you opt for a carpet cleaning franchise in the UK, you’ll also have to mind the franchise fees and royalties. Once you’ve got these costs covered, you will also need to think about payroll expenditures, especially as you scale your business and grow it by hiring more employees to work for you. Employers’ insurance will be another factor here.
Learn more our Carpet Cleaning Franchise Opportunities in the UK!Learn more
Overall, there’s no quick and easy answer to the question how much does it cost to start a carpet cleaning business because it will all depend on the size and scope of your business, the number of clients you serve, your fixed and variable costs as well as any royalties if you choose franchising.
However, franchising might just be the best route for you if you’re looking for a profitable carpet cleaning business for sale in the UK. Why? Because franchising is proven to be profitable and painless. The business model has been proven to work through trial and error and years of experience. What’s more is that you also get to benefit from the skills, experience and expertise of a wide franchisee network which can help you as you learn the ropes. Franchising also offers opportunities for growth and scaling through ongoing training and support.
This is invaluable when starting a business because nowhere else will you be able to get as much assistance than you will when working with a franchise partner. Lastly, there’s a point to be made about marketing and advertising and the ability to tap into a database of clients. These factors are all taken care of for you, making your job that much easier.
Start a carpet cleaning business today
If you’re ready to start your carpet cleaning franchise business, why not speak to the best in the industry?
Fantastic Franchises is one of the UK’s most well-known home maintenance brands and you’ll go far with its carpet cleaning franchise opportunity. The business model has been in existence for years and years and it’s proven to work.
You get to take advantage of all the skills and lessons learned over the years and apply them to your business without having to go through the process of trial and error all by yourself.
Are you ready to get started, if the answer is yes, don’t hesitate to get in touch!
- Last update: February 25, 2022
Posted in Advice Hub
Fantastic Services manages 100+ professional home cleaning and maintenance services provided within the UK, EU, Australia, Africa, and North America. With 13+ years of experience behind our back and 530+ successful franchises, we continuously set the bar higher with our cutting-edge technology implementation and marketing approach. Explore our business opportunities on the main website!